View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 10:07 PM   #14
Film Guy

Re: kp components weld in step notch

Hi Guys, I got my notch in from KP last Thursday. Everything looks very good and was packaged very well. I have not installed yet. I have only checked for fit and the notch appears as though it will work fine. Unfornatually since the notch came in, we have had sub freezing tempatures, and sleet. My project sits outside for now. I will let you know how the install goes after the chassis thaws. I can already see a couple of issues that need to be addressed. These issues have nothing to do with the notch I got from KP. I would have these issues with any notch. First of all once I set the chassis @ ride height and place the rear axel @ ride height how much clearance is needed from the top of the axel tube to the bottom of the notch. Keep in mind the more clearance I provide, the more I loose in the bed. Next, If I weld in the notch centered with the axel tube, I kinda get into the area where the air bag rides. (The stock coil spring location) Which brings me to another issue. According to the Air Ride Technology catalog, I need the installed height of the air bag to be 5 inches. I think this is the measurement between the top of the rear trailing arm (@ the bag location) and the bottom of the chassis when @ ride height. I do not have that right now. I am sure someone has addressed these issues before. Thanks in advance for everyones help.
Film Guy is offline   Reply With Quote