View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #26
Chevy3+3

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic LS swap/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyBuzzard View Post
They came out of the newer body style impala like 07+, I think. I was at the junkyard searching for fans to swap on and they looked like my best bet. I got the fans and the wiring from the car. I used my metal shears to trim plastic a tiny bit and they fit right on my stock 87 radiator. They work great!! Just one of the fans is enough to keep my truck cool, i bought a wiring kit from advanced and wired it and attached it to radiator. It was very simple. I have the second fan currently wired to a switch, b/c I don't have a/c wired up b/c of bad compressor, just in case but havn't had to use it yet.

Also, I haven't torn down my 87 yet. I want to have everything running like it should on the 01 chassis before I tear down the 87. I still need my truck so I can't afford too much down time. Once everything is running great and I have all the parts then I will start pulling stuff apart!
Will you be using the original dash cluster from the 87 in your swap? I wouldnt mind having one like that for my 1 ton
Chevy3+3 is offline   Reply With Quote