View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #1984
InitialBoss

Re: SoCal checkin' in

Ok, gents, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I found out my truck is leaking ATF. However, I have a 2 week old baby boy, taking care of my 20 month old daughter, and going back to work again soon, so I don't have the time to fix it myself. I want to take it to a shop to fix and to get my fuel gauge issue resolved, and to get the lights in the console working again. There are other things that need doing like the weather stripping around the doors and the side window vent channels, but that can wait. I just want to make sure this truck is reliable when driving (for the most part). I know it'll need further work but I want to take it to shop to fix these issues and be working so I can work onthe other little things when I have time.

That being said, can anyone recommend a good shop which knows our trucks and is in the Riverside/Corona area? Or maybe Grand terrace? My truck can drive but it also seems to be burning something under the hood. After a short drive to warm up the ATF, I noticed that the air cleaner tube area was smoking a bit so I'm not sure why that would be so hot or why it's smoking around that area. (I still have to check the gasket in the ATF filler tube so hopefully that'll be an easy fix.) Sorry for the long post but I'm wanting to get this started soon so I can go cruising to meets in the future!