View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 12:49 AM   #463
joedoh

Re: 57 GMC, frame swap, 4wd, 454 big block, 4 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old57 View Post
Haha, yep! I always wonder how bad the ground contamination is around there from the old landfill, and then these multi-million dollar homes are popping up all around it. I'm sure one of these days there will be something built right on "trash mountain"

Hey, while I'm replying to you... we picked up a 98 S10 Blazer for our 15 year old. It ran and drove pretty good, then sat for about a month. We started it today to take it for a drive, and it doesn't want to shift out of 1st gear now. The fluid is good, and it all of the sudden did this after sitting a month. It has the 4.3, and 4wd. I may try to drop the pan and check the filter and valve body, but if I have to swap in a transmission, I may be on the hunt for a good used one.
you see the evergreens they plant around the base of the mountain? word is that if there is a pocket of methane leaking from decomp the evergreen will turn brown!

I am not a big fan of "all of the sudden" problems with a trans. make sure the fluid is topped up, sounds like its low. on an s10 the cooler is much higher than the trans level so when its not warmed up the fluid level will LOOK high or even dead on, but you have to warm it up and then you can see if its low. check while running, engine at temp.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote