View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 04:36 PM   #22
72bowtiestepper

Re: Affordable Paint Gun

[QUOTE=Skymortar;8742744]HTE is just like an RP. I wont get into the weeds on this but I think think they make some of these names up. It's the same setup as any gun. All clears are a little different but the HF gun likes about 28-31 psi at the gun. It's a little confusing because they always say like 15 psi at the cap.which is where the low pressure and reduced pressure come in. That all about VOC compliance. I like to back my fluid knob out wide open with a full fan. It should be a nice V without it getting squirrelly on the edges[/QUOTE

Skymortar....I picked up a Black widow yesterday @ HF and have been practicing on a old fender & hood. tried different pressures at the gun, from 25-34. I am getting a LOT of overspray with the clear & a rough finish. I have the fluid knob full open & the fan pattern to the largest setting. I am using Nason select clear with high temp activator. What am I doing wrong ? I am holding the gun about 6" away from the parts as per the instructions & painting to the wet edge with overlap.
72bowtiestepper is offline   Reply With Quote