Thread: Lawn mowers.
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 10:16 AM   #11
whitedog76

Re: Lawn mowers.

When I bought my home with 3.5 acres a few years ago, I looked at everything under the sun. I really couldn't tell a difference in brand to brand, especially in the residential line of mowers. The difference came when you get in to the $4000 range of mowers, the build quality doubles.

I ended up with a Husqvarna tractor with a welded deck. The tractor itself wasn't built a whole lot better than the box store mowers, but the deck was built like a tank. I bet the deck was twice as heavy as anything else out there.

Last year I bought a used JD x724. The JD has all wheel steer and a liquid cooled engine. It almost cut our mow time in half! The mow quality is excellent too. I paid a pretty penny for it, but I feel it was money well spent. It mows good, rides good, and it can push snow. I would put it up against any zero turn.

Anyhow, if you're on a budget, look at the Husqvarnas with the welded decks. If you're going to spend the money, a Deere, Kubota, Exmark, and Toro professional are all excellent mowers.
whitedog76 is offline   Reply With Quote