View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
localmotion74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
This set of brackets will allow you to have rear disc brakes on your 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern ’64-’87 GM truck 10 and 12 bolt rear differentials. This rear disc conversion is completely bolt on with one exception. The drum/wheel register will need machined down to approximately 3.06”. I do recommend upgrading to ½” wheel studs at this time, but it isn’t absolutely necessary for the installation. The rotors used with these brackets as well as the calipers are easily found at your local auto parts supplier. The basic application for the rotors is a 2000 Silverado or Suburban. The application for the calipers is the ’93-’97 F-body rear calipers. A complete parts list with part numbers is included with the brackets.

Since these rotors are nearly 13” in diameter, you will need to run 16” or larger diameter wheels. With the 16” wheels I would suggest verifying that your wheels are compatible with this size of rotor prior to purchasing this disc brake conversion.

The cost on this set of brackets with installation hardware is regularly $120.00. However, thru March 31, 2011 the introductory price is $100.00. Satin black powder coating is an additional $12.50. Shipping within the USA is a flat $10.00. If you are outside of the USA, contact me for a shipping cost. For payments I accept PayPal and money orders. Credit card payments can be made thru PayPal. To place an order, you can send me a PM here on the forum or you can email me at captainfab454 at hotmail dot com.

I would like to thank a former member here, grendel for contacting me about making these brackets, and for supplying a rotor suggestion as well as installed photos.

In a couple of days I will post a pic of the complete package you are purchasing.
Posted via Mobile Device