View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #41
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

So "CHEV RED" I'm not sold on yet. I really wish I went with a darker red. I guess I got caught up with the name of the paint. Any how I painted the color over the POR15 "primer" coat as per the instructions the next day. There is a 24hour window for 2nd or recoats.

I still have to paint the injection lines and I want to change the valve covers. There is too much red. I think aluminum.

The manifold and turbo came out awesome. That is some good paint. It is not suppose to burn off until after 1400' It will darken after 300+' for 20min of running.

Next I installed the engine adapter, flywheel,clutch, etc and cleaned up, locktight and torqued down for final assembly. ( until I upgrade to a 4500, 5600, G56 when I blow this one up! )

So I still got lots to do but, this brings me almost up to date. I have to go buy some more metal to finish my engine mount supports and build a xmember. Pull all the rear suspension and paint. My goal is to get all that done, then get the fuel tank done with all new lines and lift pump. I can't wait to fire this thing up in it's new home !

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote