View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 02:17 AM   #5585
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunschweiger View Post
Wow, that's a real hot rod and a lot of work went into it.
Thank you, we look forward to visiting England again, last time we stopped by your place and drove up the East Coast to Faerby in the Yorkshire Dales, in the middle of nowhere, was lovely and delicious food.
Holiday food is usually good.

My mother was a housewife all her life, and we very rarely ate in restaurants growing up.

Her favourite was holiday food, or dinner at a friends home.

Look forward to switching the kettle on for you.

Nipples.

@nickwheeler has been looking forward to to this so much, he even remade them once.

Throttle cable measured, cut, soldered and finished up, fitted and functioning smoothly from the first fit.

All about the planning.

Old vs New.

It also became a day of tying some smaller loose ends, making mini looms, welding in forward earth mounts.

New Side lights/indicators are smaller than the previous ones, so getting them fitted became a wasted hour…….

Plan B will be employed.

Making up retaining clips ultimately failed to deliver a secure mounting for the lights.

On to Plan B.

Next up Nick added the new LED headlights and tested the functions.

Headlight Buckets got to meet Mr Hacksaw.

With the result being rather rewarding.

This in turn resulted in a good outcome that will necessitate removal of the existing radiator mount points, and remaking the retaining top brackets.

Remember them from a few weeks ago??

Now with the headlights bowls reduced in sheer size and depth, allowing the LED lights’ heat sincs to work fully, the radiator and original fan should fot.

More little jobs were done and I did woodwork mostly through the day.

More about that later.

Nick had to head home after 4.00pm for a family gathering, so I carried on till about 18.45 with woodwork and bracketry before shutting shop.

With the clocks changing on Sunday, it felt weird closing shop with some daylight still visible.

Oh, and Sally had been feeling a bit rough the last few weeks.

She tested positive for Covid.

Perfect.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote