View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #63
t-tung

Re: "Pinché Caliché" '57 StepSide/LSx/CrownVic

A little update with pics. Got the tranny crossmember fabbed out of some 1/2" x 3" strap and installed along with new rubber mount (couldn't find a poly one in my short look locally).
Hacked up the brake bedal assembly/bracket and got it mounted along with the booster.
Tore the steering column apart to remove the shifter mechanism. I decided to same myself the headache of jacking with the stock cable and went with a 23" Lokar floor shifter. It already came in and looks bada$$. Now I'm just waiting on my raw Lokar window cranks and door handles so I can blue them all. I cut the original e-brake and dash support bracket out of the truck. I'm either going to mount it on the floor next to the shifter or hang it vertically to the left next to the wall of the cab. Anyways, I cut the mounting brackets off of the steering column and bolted them to the firewall and bottom of the dash (after a lot of cutting and grinding on the firewall). Then I clamped the clean column in place and tacked it....checked clearance and straightness then unbolted it and welded it up. Next I'll get the steering shaft fabbed up, gas pedal installed, and then pull it all out and paint the brackets and column with Chassis Saver along with the firewall.

I forgot to get pics of the relocation mounts I made for the motor but it set the valve-covers a little over an inch from the firewall. I'm happy with it.

Oh yeah, already dreaming about my next project. Thinking about a D-Max/Allison with a flatbed to lug my welding machine around on and tow my jeep with. Maybe a 6BT/NV4500 since it already has a straight-6 in it. The engine compartment looked really narrow

Last edited by t-tung; 04-02-2015 at 03:23 PM.
t-tung is offline   Reply With Quote