View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 04:21 PM   #14
TKCR

Re: GMACHINZ Communications and dealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
He seems to be on the board at least once a day. The parts for me in question are just laying in his shop, will fit in a small flat rate box and can be from IA to MN in a day.
If you can't ship something for a week or 2, that is fine but I need to know what is happening. My first deal with him he stayed in touch quite regular until he had the money.
But I know also first hand the people can get pissy about when something should get shipped, it’s all about what they think is a timely matter. With my seats, I had a seat to build for someone. It usually takes 4-6 weeks to get the cover made and sent to me. It actually came early but I got seriously sick and told him that I got the cover, but I wasn’t going to able to build it for a few weeks, because of being hospitalized. He immediately wanted a refund. The contract states clearly that $250 of the deposit does not get refunded, if the order is canceled for any reason. This is because of all the time I spend working up an invoice on PayPal, and getting the cover ordered and all the time I spend answering questions. My time should count for something, plus I was hoping that this would deter people from canceling their seat order after I got everything. So even though I was honest about when the seat would get done, he was not happy with the timeframe. He said I guaranteed the seat would be done in 4 weeks, which I never give a timeframe, especially for 4 weeks. It was onlyn3 weeks at this time. Sometimes I don’t even get the cover for 6 weeks. So this guy threatened to give me a bad review on my FB Page for my seats. I really had no choice because reviews like this can ruin someone’s business. That’s why I give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote