View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #120
SONOSADSACK

Re: Ice cream getter

More progress this weekend. I ran all new brake line from inline tube. Fortunately I didn’t dump my old lines because inline doesn’t supply ANY documents to help determine what goes where. I am still looking for pictures or a diagram showing which holes along the frame rail are to be used for the mounting clips. Speaking of clips, I’ll be using the originals because what came from inline was not right.

Name:  01 3 23 13.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  20.3 KB

I did a very quick and simple project of junk to helpful. A caliper, axle shaft, 1 ½” PVC, light fixture and a couple of bolts, nuts and washers. Fasten the PVC to the light, slide the PVC on the axle and plug it in. Very stable but with a small foot print mobile light. Worked great while buffing,

Name:  02 3 23 13.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  56.2 KB
Name:  03 3 23 13.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  73.5 KB

I also finished up wet sanding and buffing. I had put finishing the quarters off as long as possible. Once they were finished I couldn’t resist seeing what body on frame would look like. I was also anxious to see how the tire was going to line up with the wheel well as I had the centering pins moved back two inches when the leaf springs were made. I think all turned out OK.

Name:  04 3 23 13.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  67.5 KB

Name:  05 3 23 13.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  71.3 KB
SONOSADSACK is offline   Reply With Quote