View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 AM   #156
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: 69 C10 swb stepside project 45 ACP

I am making good progress on getting this truck put together.

I am going to convert my newly acquired 67 Suburban into a 4x4 so this worked well with my desire to put a trailing arm rear suspension into the stepside. It also gave me the motivation needed to get that monumental task started.

The leaf-spring-suspension-ectomy is complete on the stepside and it now has the complete trailing arm suspension system out of my old 67 C10 that I parted out.

The cab of my 67 C10 was too rusted out to be economically salvageable so it gave its life to help out several of my other projects. It continues to give as the inner roof skin and outer roof skin will be going onto the stepside cab. I need these to fix the damage caused by the roof mounted service light installed by the original owners as it was originally a Pacific Telephone & Telegraph service truck.

I need to do a little work to the front end and brakes before I start on the roof replacement but it should happen soon. My plan is to drill the spot welds and remove the inner rear window panel & inner roof panel then do the same to the outer roof skin. Just reverse the original assembly line process then install the 67 C10 donor parts like the Fisher body plant did. Should not be able to tell it was ever done when I am finished and it will be just as strong as it ever was.

Lots of pics to post just haven't had time to download and edit them to size.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote