View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Denee007

Re: Firewall flange removal

Omg, don't ask me that now! The lip is gone!
I gave up for a few days, my low back is kind of getting to me, in fact I think I'll take the week off to recooperate! Crawling in and out of the engine compartment is getting to me, yall know how it is! Plus I wish I hadn't put the engine supports in, I have two gashes on my low back from hitting those darned things! I actually may have to enlarge the long rectangular hole that I made, the weld looks aweful! I see daylight everywhere!

Anyway, this is where I Left off. Metal had to be removed due to corrosion from the battery/rust. I initially welded the entire seam from inside the cab and yes, it was a pita, but I think it worked out well. However, I wound up removing a lot of it as the pics show. I may have to start all over and find better metal on the cab. The doner metal came from an unused floorpan. It was a crappy USA made piece, very poor construction, I dont even think it was as thick as it should have been either! be nice ok? ; )
Oh, this is about when I found out my c25 gauge was flowing too much gas, the ball was pegged, I must have turned it somehow! I'm using .025 wire on my 135 amp mig.
Ps: if this is how well my radio patch panel is going to go, Im going to be in big trouble!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy5872 View Post
Why are you cutting the lip off? I belive you ar taking a lot of the strength out of the front of the cab. That lip acts as a reinforcment for the firewall.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote