Thread: Weird options
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 07:49 AM   #21
special-K
Special Order

Re: Weird options

Let's not confuse factory options with GM accessories. The pillar mount spot lamp was an accessory. The tow hooks were a regular option. Not odd at all, butnot an option most got.

And example of an odd option in my mind would be like Slomotion's '68 C/20 cab & chassis with dual rear wheel option with coil rear suspension. Not odd, but adds to the uniqueness of the truck was the factory flatbed added to all that. There are rare options and there are odd options. I consider this odd to go through specially outfitting a 3/4t to have the dual wheels and a flatbed while not upgrading the rear suspension to leaf when you could just buy a 1t with heavier frame and suspension.

There aren't really any options I'd consider odd (that I can think of), more like odd combos. That is where my interests lay with these trucks.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote