View Single Post
Old 10-10-2003, 12:51 AM   #1
'68 K-10

Question couple of axle and tranny questions

hi,
ok first of all i'm putting a 6 in. lift on my '68 k-10 and when i went to get a steering arm for it i noticed mine was different from the ones ive ever seen mine is just straight not curved and it has 4 bolts not 3. its also a closed knuckle. my local 4x4 parts dealer told me he suggests getting a new front axle. i'm curious if anyone knows about this axle and has any advice. my next question is my truck was a manual 4 speed and i would like to make it an automatic ive been told i need a new transfer and driveshafts. is there anything else i should know about doing this what it involves and is there a good way to install a ratchet shifter? thats is easy to reach. ive had the truck a couple years and i tore it aprt about a year ago and i want to get it done right the first time i recently bought a donor 2 wheel drive so im making slow progress. any help would be great. thanks.