View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 07:04 AM   #92
uber cool

Re: Uber Cool's 1963 C10 LWB Fleetside in England

The headlight adjusters were all seized up, so replaced with new

Friday night filled the rad with water, tank with fuel and engine with Oil, No leaks and fired up fine, nice result

Saturday morning didnt start off as well. Ran the engine again and ran for a short while then stopped, no fuel to carb, filter bowl dry, so suspected fuel pump, this was ok. Next up check the tank, urrgh , old fuel sludge in tank and mixed with new fuel and made a thick black gluppy sludge and blocked the sender unit filter. So no option but to remove tank and have it cleaned.

Set up a Jerry can and hose to run the engine again, all ok for a few mins then water pump fails and leaks everywhere.

Could easily have walked away for the day at this point, but determined to always finish on a up. With two setbacks I need at least 3 wins to keep me ahead.

first win, was having a spare water pump on the spare engine of which I remember martin saying was a recent new pump on his engine.

see the tell tale rusty stain mark from the hole under the pulley

Old and new next to each other

Ran the engine up and no leaks.

Next up to make an exhaust system, from this

to this

Nicely tucked up inside the chassis over the trailing arms

Next up moved onto the wiring, removed the previous owners terrible use of mains cabling to rear lights

Pulled in a full new loom I'd made in fire proof sheathing from cab to rear lights

rear lights need new lamp holders, so replaced with this new ones that need to be inserted and then peened over

and by 11:30pm had the rear lights and brake lights working

Last edited by uber cool; 05-31-2015 at 07:17 AM.
uber cool is offline   Reply With Quote