View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 10:24 PM   #1
01chevduramax

1972 Blazer "SPECIAL EDITION" factory 396?

disclaimer:
I have searched. I have read "no blazer with a big block from the factory" many times on this site.

That said... I was driving to a job today, down a road I lived on for 7 years. Right across the street from a friends house lived an orange 1972 blazer 4wd. It was always in the garage. I never saw it out.
So there I am running behind as usual. What do I see parked in the driveway? I anchored the brakes, and backed up to the mailbox. The owner is already walking towards me. He knows what I'm up to. I ask to check out the Blazer. His first words are "I will never sell it". I'm thinking ya right he has a number in mind.
Then he starts telling me that this Blazer is one of 400 made. He says it was a dealer promotion that went out to each Chev dealer that sold X amount. It has a factory 396. I'm thinking NO I don't think so. We talked for a minute and he tells me that if he were starving to death he would sell it for $50,000. I asked to snap a couple pics. He says NO. I asked to see the SPID. He says NO. It was pretty weird.
Could there be ANY truth to what he said?? Was there any special dealer promo Blazers in 72? The 396 thing is 100% incorrect right? I thought maybe it was a highlander. But I didn't see any plaid!
The guy was really friendly, but wouldn't let me within 10 feet. I am thinking about getting a case of Coors and going back. It WILL be mine, OH YES! It will be mine.....