View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 08:04 AM   #1347
82streetshow

Re: 85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Moving back to the front, it was time to install the front sway bar correctly. Keep in mind that this was the first "kit" to roll out the door, so some parts were missing. With my input, to the RideTech staff adjustments are being made. As an example, they changed the style of the front bar and added stands for the bushing clamps to mount to very similar to what the factory offers. So much so that the stand actually mounts in the factory holes.

Previously I had mounted the bushing clamps directly to the frame and this created a dramatic angle on the end links. Chase noted the issue when inspecting it at Goodguys and shipped the brackets out right away.

In typical guys fashion a glanced at the instructions and "assumed" I knew what was what. After mocking it up I still had a issue with the angle of the end links. I looked closer at the instructions and determined I had them backwards. Once they were mounted correctly everything fell in to place.
so the problem with the sway bar was where you mounted it to the frame? I have had this kit mounted on my truck since January with the sway bar mounted directly to the frame and so far so good.

Last edited by 82streetshow; 10-10-2017 at 08:13 AM.
82streetshow is offline   Reply With Quote