Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 05:45 PM   #38
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

With the semester over, I came back home and started working on the truck again. I also had to scramble to find a job for the summer because I was led on for 8 weeks by a company who said they were going to hire me, but ended up not hiring me at all. I was able to land a job with Advance Auto Parts, which helped a lot because of the team member discounts.

I also finally figured out why the choke never seemed to work right. The exhaust cross over was completely clogged. I was planning to use the 2 barrel manifold and carb to get the truck back on the road quickly. I wanted to make at least the Atlanta stop of Hot Rod Power Tour 2018, so if there was something that didn't need to be done, I skipped doing it.

I broke off a carb stud and a thermostat housing bolt in the process of removing the intake, so after finding the exhaust cross over port was blocked off, I decided to use the quadrajet manifold that came on the new engine.

I cleaned up and painted the parts that I had removed from the engine. At the time, I didn't want to strip, clean, and paint the block and heads due still trying to make it to Power Tour.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote