View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 06:20 AM   #932
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

I planned on getting the valvetrain together and the intake on yesterday. That was in hopes of getting it in and running this coming weekend. To my surprise BAM lifters are way different in height than the Crowers I was running. I couldn't even bolt a rocker arm down. My pushrods are over 11" long and the one adjustable pushrod I have is too short. After hours of taking different measurements I came to the conclusion the difference is .175 . thousands So I'm shipping ten pounds of 1/2 inch pushrods back to Smith Brothers in hopes they can be shortened. I was told by Jeff at Smith Brothers they may not be able to because the thicker wall material is harder to work with. If was an inch it wouldn't be a big deal because they would just cut it.I told him they are no good to me like they are so just try to do what you can. So here I sit three weeks out from my first race dead in the water. I hope I have something by the end of next week. With this stuff you don't even want to put the intake on until you get the valvetrain together. This is really going to turn into a mad thrash. Woohoo