View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #92
nlped

Re: My "New" '76 2wd TOY...currently un-named

All righty!!!

I got the brakes bled, confirmed that all the nuts & bolts on the frontend and rearend were tight, put the wheels back on it and ran it down the road. The brake pedal still leaves a lot to be wanted, but it does stop. I think I am going to have to bleed everything one more time...I may even have a small fluid leak under there somewhere...but I'll wait to check that when I can get it up on an actual lift and stand under it, rather than continue to roll around in the gravel.

I drove it a couple of miles and it feels 10 million times smoother than it did with the freight train springs and coil over shocks before. It's very tight and handles pretty decent considering that it still doesn't have a front sway bar (I'm on the look out for one as there wasn't one on it before due to the 4wd look I suppose). The left front seems to be sitting a bit higher than the rest of the truck, so I guess I need to pull the suspension apart and confirm that the coil is sitting in the seat properly.

Otherwise I am really happy with the look for now. Once I get the new building done, it will be pulled down to the frame and the 6.0L/4L80e swap will be going in and all of the body work and paint will happen as well.

It made me smile to snap some pics of it this time . Sorry, but it got a little dark on me before I could get the pics. I'll wash it better tomorrow and snap a few more.
Attached Images

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote