View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #45
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 1988 Suburban "V Rig" Gets Cummins Power

The steering box brace showed up last week, last Thursday I power washed the front axle and under the body. I tried to get every nook and cranny I could. I also did the frame more too. This week the fuel lines should be in as well as the new brake lines. I've been working on the engine getting it ready to go. 8 out of 12 exhaust manifold bolts broke off, all the internal bolts that secure the gear housing to the block were loose, and there was no tab on the KDP. Also the crankshaft had bad pitting on the sealing surface for the rear main seal. I had to install a sleeve and different seal on it. Now the pan and front cover are back on. Tomorrow I'm going to install a new tappet cover gasket, clean the engine again, and paint it. Oh yeah, I already advanced the timing on the injection pump, and the engine is getting a little bigger injector. Getting closer...........
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote