View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 03:28 PM   #189
sixty4bigwindow

Re: Two is easier then one 1965 GMC S/W/BB build

[QUOTE=Robert Haas;8162812]With the chassis squared away we have no choice but to get started on the part I have been dreading, The body work. The floor is in pretty bad shape. We could have pieced in some replacement panels but Greg is a "No half measures" kind of guy so we will be replacing the entire floor and firewall/transmission hump. this requires us to build a framework inside the cab that will allow us to cut out the whole bottom of the cab and still be able to rotisserie it.

So Greg and I (Mostly Greg) built and installed this bolt-in arraignment.

Attachment 1740965

Attachment 1740966

Using the door hinge bolt holes is quite ingenious, and probably perfect for keeping the cab straight and intact!

And I bet that anthracite color will look amazing on the frame. I know a lot of people go with straight black (which is a great idea for simplicity and looks,) but I think the extra touch of that color will make it that much more unique! Can't wait to see how it comes out!

We are making the big push south the day after tomorrow, I'll be sure to honk and waive as we pass through Salinas

My build thread for "Rocket" - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753023
sixty4bigwindow is offline   Reply With Quote