View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 03:22 PM   #428
AJCK87

Re: 1963 GMC C30 panel truck

Yeah, fair points 350! I will have to go over it again. I just assumed my ground was good. But I did track power along the ignition wire. I have 12v right to the back of the stereo, once it transitions, in the circuit board, inside to the in unit 15a fuse it’s dropping voltage. Seems weird, I know it did work when I first istalled it. I think I will give it a bench test to check the ground. I don’t see any scorching inside the unit.

Thanks TJ! These motors are pretty awesome, just the sound of the engine when your cruising. That 5 speed would be awesome! 1999, so it must be a NV4500, or do you have something different? I do like the idea of straight pipes, they aren't ridiculously loud, but these engines definitely benefit from the back pressure of a muffler and length of exhaust pipe.

Those samples look pretty decent! It would be pretty clean. I had to go and look at sms and all their fancy era fabrics and vinyls, and now I’m pretty set on what I want hahaha. Figure I’m going with G for the fabric. Thanks for the help!
AJCK87 is offline   Reply With Quote