View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
spudz

Re: OBD II scanner port problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrojunkie383 View Post
I have fixed one problem and now know what the other problem is. Changing out the blown 15amp fuse under the hood fixed the cigarette lighter and the OBD port as well. Hooked up a scanner to it, and everything functions like it should.
Now for the check engine light. The scanner code is "P0442". It also said that it was an "emissions leak". So I am guessing that its refering to the "evaporated emissions leak" deal where it could be several things, one of them being the "loose gas cap".
I have cleared the code, and checked the gas cap and for now, all is well.

Thanks for the help everyone.
90 times out of 100, p0442 is because of a evap canister vent solenoid. I musta replaced 855493 of them at work. ALSO if you are in the habbit of over fueling the truck. It will saturate the evap canister too and if thats the case replace the charcoal canister and vent solenolid. its not the gas cap... if it was a faulty or loose cap you would get a p0440 code....trust me....
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote