Thread: Mulk's 8-Lugger
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
Mulk

Mulk's 8-Lugger

So I lucked into my '68 C20 about 2 months ago. Pretty clean truck overall. Only rust I could find is in the bottom of the rear hatch where the weap-hole got plugged. Had to do a little carb adjusting for the Vegas area, but the 396 runs strong. Unfortunately, someone shot a quick coat of black primer, but I can live with it for now. I'll just use it ad my guide-coat when I decide to shoot some color. It came with a set of American Racing 16x8. Has a functioning Unity Spot-Light. Still has original interior (Needs some TLC), and headliner. The dash isn't cut, which is a bonus. I have the paperwork (all the way up to 1994) from the original owners who bought this to tow their Airsteam. It has a MONSTER aftermarket gas tank that nearly shut down my bank account when I first filled it up. Gas gauge wasn't working for the first few weeks, but I found the ground wire was cut by the tank for some reason. Fixed and it now seams to work. I'm currently traveling with a spare gallon of gas, testing how close the gauge reads.

I ordered an 8 lug disk brake conversion w/2.5 drop spindles from Performance online. Plus 3/5 inch springs from Early Classic Enterprises. Everybody I talked to from both places where great help, and the customer service was awesome. So I got the beast on the ground, and the off-set on my wheels wouldn't clear in the front. So I had to throw on a set of stock steel wheels until I decide what to go with. The orange paint on the wheels is just to grab attention, and I have trim rings on the way.

Not sure what my plans are for paint, interior, and wheels. For now, this is a perfect daily driver, and kid hauler. Although being in Vegas, I see an aftermarket A/C system in my very near future.
Attached Images

Mulk is offline   Reply With Quote