View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 01:02 AM   #8
SRU1436

Re: Let's Talk about In-Cab Reproduction Gas Tanks and EEC vs non-EEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmunger View Post
OK, spent the last 2 hours reading every thread I could find on replacement in cab gas tanks.

I have a 72 K10 with rust inside the tank. Just had Lars rebuild my stock carb and don't want to clog it all up.

My tank appears to be an original EEC tank, however, there is no sign of the 'canister' anywhere under the hood. Does anyone have a pic of what a complete EEC system should look like?

If my EEC system is not 'complete' should I bother ordering an EEC style tank? I don't need the truck to be perfectly original. Would the older style tank be a direct bolt in as long as I get the correct gas cap?

I've read that I need to get the Canadian-made spectra tank and not the taiwanese one. It appears nobody actually makes a correct 72 EEC tank reproduction with the 1.5" neck, all the repops have the 2" neck anyway. Which is why I began wondering, is it even worth messing with this EEC stuff and I'd be better off just getting the older style tank and calling it a day?
I have a stock EEC system in my truck, I’ll take a picture of it after work tomorrow and post them.
SRU1436 is offline   Reply With Quote