View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 02:20 AM   #173
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

There should not be an issue with installing this booster bracket on your truck. The factory power brakes with the wedge, had one extra hole in the firewall, which my booster bracket will cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortcomp View Post
This looks like a cleaner mounting setup than my stock power "sideways" bracket.

I was going to use a universal 8" dual diaphragm booster and dual drum/drum master (which i see will work with your bracket too if i elongate 2 holes) on my stock bracket, but i like this better, and someone could use my stock power brake parts.

Is there any issue putting this on a truck that was power brakes already?

Also, for those that don't know, grainger carries threaded rod in stronger alloys than the grade 2 hardware store garbage, and in fine thread, or LH thread too. You could just be a coupler nut and a heim joint and some rod, then remove your old pushrod entirely, no cutting and welding, other than cutting the rod to length.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote