View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 02:02 AM   #11
Richard

Re: Anybody wish they’d left theirs rough and not taken it apart?

Not sorry for tearing my truck down as far as I did. Want a new 1972 truck. I waited years until I was ready to get going on my project. Glad I made the decision not to do a total frame off. Would have totally killed my rebuild. I am doing a somewhat "frame on" with mods. Because I want the paint to last more than 3 to 5 years the cost for that part has tripled from what I had originally budgeted. With the clear failing on all our newer cars. Opted for a premium single stage paint on my truck. Living in California has has not helped. They claim they are promoting "green" yet every thing I buy is throwaway. When I am done guessing 50k+ with me doing 90% of the work. Still cheaper than a new truck with the options I want. Not planning to ever get rid of this truck so WTH.

Wanted to add this is my first and last project of this caliber. Will not buy any more projects. Does not make sense to me to own many trucks that are needing so much work. Would rather spend the money to finish one that is to my liking.

Last edited by Richard; 07-01-2020 at 02:31 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote