View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
63GMCKid

Re: '63 GMC 4x4 "Just Because I can/Do It All" Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by losthope View Post
First off welcome !! Next thing : you sure do talk alotJ/K Sounds like you have a pretty solid plan thats a good to have.i myself always go low with my vehicles but kind of want a 4x4 60-66 one just to have one, and interested in 4x4 builds since i know jack about 4x4's and like to learn so ill be keeping a eye on your build..and you got me wanting to see some welds of yours, go get the camera and post some pictures
You'll see some TIG welding on quite a few parts for this, anything I can build at school/work I usually TIG weld, anything at home is MIG done with my Millermatic 200 (Best MIG machine Miller ever made!)

Well I found some old pictures on my photobucket so I'll start with those....

Here it is right after I got it, with the frightening 6 1/2'' tall rear lift blocks, clean engine, and a filthy trans/tcase. Had a 10b/14bff C&C, and a cracked and popped out windshield (thats what the tarp is for) in it when I got it.

Again this is an older picture, it still had the SM465/205 in it at the time, but this was right after I did the spray in truck bed liner and painted the dash. Note the cool guy liquid filled boat compass and perfect dash insert (not cracked or anything, just painted flat black)

And of course, the all mighty orb of traction, Eaton No-Spin/Detroit locker. For being in a truck bed trailer axle for 20+ years with a toasted R&P, this No-Spin is in mint condition.

Now these aren't actually my pictures, but this guy from another forum that goes buy Gouky gave me the drawings for this e-brake setup, great guy with lots of information, and these are pics of his e-brake setup, I cut out the same caliper bracket and my own rotor but this gets the point across. Uses an '89 Pontiac Grand Prix rear brake caliper, only $60 from RockAuto for a Kelsey Hayes reman.

This should be enough to hold you guys over for now right?

Last edited by 63GMCKid; 01-21-2012 at 12:24 AM.
63GMCKid is offline   Reply With Quote