View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 02:26 PM   #6
G-NUT

Re: Hydroboost hose to a rack and pinion ... hose to -6AN fitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
You should be able to get a 16mmx1.5 or 18mmx1.5 to -6AN fitting easily enough from any vendor that sells those sorts of things. Then its pretty simple to make high pressure capable hoses that should work.

I'm not sure if hot rod fuel hose might have something like that, but I know I was able to find a 16mm x 1.5 to -6AN at Summit.

I am not sure if the hydroboost pumps used were the same then as they are on the LS-series engines, but the hydroboost pump on my 5.3 used 16x1.5 at the high pressure port in the pump.
Thanks for the response.

I have all my hoses lined out except for the high-pressure hose from the hydroboost to the high pressure port on the rack. The hose fitting on the hose from hydroboost to rack is a m18x1.5 male. The rack pressure port is a m14x1.5 female. The kit I have came with a m14x1.5 male to -6 AN male fitting that can be installed in this location.

What I've searched for for days and did not find was a fitting to connect my existing hose to the rack. I needed a connector that was female m18x1.5 to male m14x1.5 OR female m18x1.5 to female -6 AN.

What I ended up ordering to just make my own hose is 3' of Earl's -6 high pressure power steering hose, Earl's -6 AN, 120 degree power steering hose end, Earl's -6 AN, 45 degree power steering hose end, and a Russell -6 AN male to m16x1.5 o-ring power steering adapter.

SOLD: 1985 GMC Sierra Classic 2500 3+3 Crew Cab Long Bed
G-NUT is offline   Reply With Quote