View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #25
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: 1995 GMC Sierra K1500 joins the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
I'd run the clutch that puts the fan in the correct location for the shroud you are using.
From the pic it doesn't look like there is much difference in location of the mounting surfaces. Could one of them be a HD option?
The fan on the right looks correct, but you also need to make sure it is the correct rotation. These engines have reverse rotation water pumps.
The fan on the left looks to be an older clutchless fan.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the info Joe. I didn't work on the fans tonight instead I worked on the steering. What a PITA

I've rebuilt quit a few suspensions and steering back in the 80's for people on base. Never had any problems until this one.

I've never had the remove the gear box to get the pitman arm off. The nut for the arm is right above the crossmember. That's the correct way to do it per alldata. Once it was out the pitman arm faught me all the way off.

What ever happened to cotter pins for tierods? The truck didn't have them just pinch nuts and the new AC Delco had pinch nuts as well. Getting them off wasn't a problem, but going back on was a PITA. The shaft wanted to spin as soon as the nut reached the pinch. This was one of the technics I used.

I've still got the idler arm and Right tierods to do. I hope to be done tommorow.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote