View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
coops714x4

Re: checking interest for factory brush guards

Well to be honest I haven't got that figured out yet. I will have to see how much it takes to build one, keep in mind I'm not really doing this to make money, it will give me something to do and help out some guys that want one and can't find originals, there few and far between. just guessing (and this is a guess so don't quote me on it I would say somewhere between $150 and $200 + shipping) and thats for the one like pictured above without any modifications. I am really just checking to see if there is enough interest to justify doing it. I don't want to get all set up to build them and then not be able to sell them. I know there are the purist's that won't be interested because they wont have the part number on them, but for the one's that just want a factory style or similar brush guard here is a chance to have a "repop" that will look just like the original or if they want to modify it in some way like "push guards" or a "winch mount" I can do just about anything someone would want. Coop
Oh and just in case your thinking "here is another clown with a torch and a welder" I have been fabricating and welding in the oilfield most of my life, and I used to be a state certified (its expired now tho) high pressure natural gas pipe line welder, so I think I am qualified to build brush guards
2014 Street Glide Special
1983 K20 Big Block, auto (work horse)

Last edited by coops714x4; 11-24-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: added content
coops714x4 is offline   Reply With Quote