View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 10:04 PM   #330
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

Your buddy's issue could be caused by the valve in the prop valve partially blocking one side. It could also be an issue of the booster pushrod being in the original hole and not 1" lower as most people do. My booster bracket does mount the booster/master at a slight angle which keeps everything a little more in line when you move the pushrod down 1" on the brake pedal. All '63-'66 trucks have 4 holes in the firewall and the corresponding threaded holes in the pedal bracket. That is the other advantage of using my booster bracket. All of my booster brackets utilize all of the available factory mounting holes to provide a solid connection between the booster/ master and the pedal bracket on the inside. Most people do not under stand the importance of this.

BTW this for sale thread is for the '67-'72 standard booster bracket. The for sale thread for the '63-'66 standard booster bracket is here.

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=339081

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERBrian View Post
Captfab, I purchased one of your brackets for my 60 suburban and hung 90 c1500 booster and master assembly, I believe, on it. CPP brakes up front SSI valve and drums in there rear. My cammed sbc350 truck stops great!

A buddy bought a 63 with a 6.0 ls motor with discs up front and drums in back and keeps fighting a spongy/ soft pedal. He's gone from a dual 6-7"booster to a dual 11" booster and no difference and even changed to Dane master I have and wilwood valve.

I keep telling him to order your bracket, but it's been 3yrs since I ordered and thus I can't recall what exactly he gains by doing this. I believe it fixes the angle.... is there more to it and could this this likely fix his issues? Also, which bracket would he need. Here only has 2 holes on firewall, so he'd have to drill two more.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote