View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 08:45 AM   #331
MASTERBrian

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Your buddy's issue could be caused by the valve in the prop valve partially blocking one side. It could also be an issue of the booster pushrod being in the original hole and not 1" lower as most people do. My booster bracket does mount the booster/master at a slight angle which keeps everything a little more in line when you move the pushrod down 1" on the brake pedal. All '63-'66 trucks have 4 holes in the firewall and the corresponding threaded holes in the pedal bracket. That is the other advantage of using my booster bracket. All of my booster brackets utilize all of the available factory mounting holes to provide a solid connection between the booster/ master and the pedal bracket on the inside. Most people do not under stand the importance of this.

BTW this for sale thread is for the '67-'72 standard booster bracket. The for sale thread for the '63-'66 standard booster bracket is here.

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=339081
Thanks for the feedback. I wondered if I had the wrong thread after I posted. Hopefully, he'll just order the bracket, this issues been plaguing him for several weeks now. He bought the truck this way.

I know I questioned a lot of this stuff when I did mine because I was starting from factory and gutted it all. As I said mine works great now.
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote