View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 11:16 AM   #11
sfont66

Exclamation Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Spring 2018, since I had a radio delete plate, I needed to finish that out by also deleting the antennae hole in the cowl panel, so that was welded up.
While I was at it, I sandblasted the inside of the doors and epoxy primed them.At the same time , the corners of the doors had some pin holes, so that was cut out and patches welded in, along with the old holes for some mirrors that were long gone. After a little body work, blocking primer, and epoxy primer as a sealer,I painted the doors back to a medium bronze. I’m not trying to fool anyone with fake patina, just trying to make the truck all one color for now. Eventually this truck will be hugger orange. With that said, the color match is not even close to the original paint. The guys at the local O’reilly auto tried to match the old color code but said they were having trouble matching the old formula. Well swing and a miss! I had a can of old paint from 15+ years ago from a mini bike project that matched better!
Attached Images