View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 10:30 AM   #31
Green Monster

Re: Matching up the right green carpet from ACC

The dark olive carpet looks really nice!

I only have experience with the poly backing. I covered the floor with POR-15 and 1/4" foil faced closed cell insulation so I felt mass backing would have been overkill.

In my case with the 1st carpet set I installed, the just padding had some air pockets where the padding bridged some of the carpet bends around in the transmission hump area preventing it from conforming to the hump properly. I pulled the jut padding off th poly backing then glued it with spray adhesive so the carpet would conform properly around the transmission hump. Installing in the summer and using heat from a hair dryer under the carpet on the poly backing helped the carpet take proper shape. In the end I was happy with standard poly backing. I don't know if mass backing would be as forgiving if the jut padding had to be removed and adjusted then re-glued.

For me, having the top off the Blazer most of the time, the carpet is going weather much more quickly than in a pickup truck. Therefor I purchased the less expensive option since the carpet needs to be replaced frequently to keep it looking nice for years to come.
Green Monster is offline   Reply With Quote