View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 11:17 AM   #3
SCOTI

Re: A couple of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dleslie212 View Post
1977 K10 350 with 700R4

I am a few days into installing my new Pro Flo 4 kit and had a few questions that are more specific to square bodies than to the Pro Flo.

First - the kit comes with a replacement distributor that is not HEI. My alternator had a pigtail feeding the old HEI distributor. I should no longer need that pigtail, correct? If so, can I just replace the alternator with a new "one wire" alternator feeding the positive battery terminal?

Second is looking for recommendations for a nice looking fuel pressure regulator mounting bracket, if anybody knows of one
I can't offer a suggestion on the fuel pressure regulator mount other than use Google to search images & hopefully narrow down what you seek. Then use those images to determine the what/where/who of the part.

I will say the '1-wire' alt can be an issue if you actually drive your vehicle & it fails on the road. Plug & play is better for vehicles that are actually driven as replacement parts are available @ most local places.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote