View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 11:57 PM   #70
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43 View Post
My understanding is that Richmond and Motive are one and the same, but you'll have no issues. It's difficult to find out what's "best" by asking on the net because you never know who's giving you the info.
I also went from 3.07 to 4.11's to go with my 12.5X35 tires. I have a 5.3 with a 4L60E and couldn't have picked a better gear, because the truck is very responsive and gets excellent fuel economy.

Edit;FYI, I just checked both the Richmond website, as well as the Motive website and they are infact the same company. I recall a supplier telling me that the gears even come off the same manufacturing machines.
I am glad to hear that about the 4:11's, I almost went 3:73's so I could save money by not buying a new carrier for the front end. Everyone I talked to said 4:11's, so I let them twist my arm into a tru-trac locker for the front lol. I don't think I will get jack poop for mileage. Going old school 383 with a built th350 behind it... shooting for 9 m/g! Yes!!!

That is funny about them coming from the same manufacturing company. Thanks for the info, I just ran into this with Timken bearings and SKF seals being the same manufacturer. Seems like a waste of money from the marketing standpoint? At this point as long as I don't screw up the install and they don't go bang in the next ten years I will be satisfied.

Back to the 4:11's with 35's, how are you at 70mph? What is your RPMS?