View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #46
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

I think I am going to stick, I like this trucks color and the little lights on top.

boxing in the frame, yay for plasma cutters.
IMG_7477 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7478 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7476 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

decided that I have talked about doing a small diameter dual exhaust with glass packs long enough. ordered some 30" smithys and some mandrel bends from speedway and used my coat hanger trick to get the right bends from the exhaust shop.
IMG_7479 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7480 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

took the forms to the muffler guys and in a couple minutes had my parts, tacked them in and they are perfect fit. Just tacks, I will take them loose again when I have the rest of the exhaust
53004839269__AB8D9B32-910D-402C-B17C-A3903EE6FA95 (1) by Joe Doh, on Flickr

hope the mufflers show up by saturday, I did the fuel line shortening and replaced that rotted brake line. I stripped the rear hose fitting taking the rotted line off so I replaced that too.
IMG_7482 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

you can see I had them add an O2 bung, I tried a pipe wrench and a 3 ft breaker, I even turned it over and put the O2 sensor hex in the vise and used a 6ft pipe to try and turn the piece of exhaust. no movement, and even if I got it loose now the hex is ruined, so I will buy a new one.
IMG_7483 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

here is the 55 TF donor the other day, not much rust at all except over the windshield. I am still wrangling a fair deal but man I sure like omaha orange.
IMG_7461 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote