View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #12
Coley

Smile Re: What urks you when selling these trucks

For me, if I don't like the potential buyer I simply shut things down right there and walk away...wish him well and good luck.

I won't stand around debate or haggle over very low offers, etc....particularly if the potential buyer is disrespectful, indifferent, etc....I just don't have the time for that person.

I am a pretty respectful person when i approach someone about something they are selling and as a result I absolutely expect that in return from anyone enquiring about my stuff.
I always price my stuff fairly....very, very rarely over priced and I also never price my stuff for the low end market tinpot change stuff. I'll leave that to the garage sales.

So I know where the deal can land prior to anyone arriving and anyone who lands within that fence or interest, offers and communication... moves forward.
Those who putz around and attempt to degrade or marginalize the item to lowball it....are walked away from......adios, lol.

When someone is like that, I love simply and quickly saying..."Looks like this is not what you are looking for"...then I literally turn and walk away.
if they back peddle and try to re-engage, and many do...I tell them I have another potential buyer coming the next day that now has priority.

So...price your stuff fairly if you want to sell it, be realistic, do some research and for God's sake be honest about it and yourself, lol.
Then make sure you are respectful to those that show up.....good things happen.
For those that can't communicate within this spectrum....hit the garage sales for entertainment, lol.

All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote