View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #14
weim55

Re: What urks you when selling these trucks

[QUOTE=LEEVON;8322359]Any text or email or posting reply "what's your bottom dollar?" is an automatic out for me. Don't care if they do have the cash, it's ignorant. And have some idea of what you're looking at. New to these trucks? Great, let's talk! Ignorant, assuming or unrealistic expectations? Please go away!

I've gotten to the point where it's not as much about the money as it is the person I'm dealing with. If someone is friendly, polite and fair at negotiating we're good.

This. Had a high school kid come over interested in a complete but non running C10 that had not been on the road for decades. A real eger beaver, just the nicest kid, he had the $$ to buy but not the experience to see the big picture of time and $$ after purchase to get her back to the road. I explained the bigger picture to him and told him it would a good idea to think about overnight, I'd hold the truck for him with a hand shake deposit if he promised to keep me informed. Two days later he came back with a full plan w/expenses (?!) to get her running again. Of course there were some big holes in that plan but I was stunned to see such for site and determination . I made this deal with him: I'll sell you the truck for half the price We agreed-upon, you call me or come by with questions as you go. But you have keep at till you can drive her back to show me. Long story short, A year later he drove that truck back over to my house and we spent a day sorting out details and she was running like a top ! Made my whole day to see how capable and proud that kid was!

Sometimes it's not about the money, and sometimes selling stuff can be a great experience......::

Steve weim55 Colorado
weim55 is offline   Reply With Quote