View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 10:59 PM   #40
black_k5

Re: 72 blazer ls swap

Well I figure it's about time I update this build. After having a busy spring the blazer did not get done by my estimated time of memorial day but I did have it running by the 4th of July.

So because of time I opted for a wiring harness from bp automotive. This harness is layed out very nice with all wires labeled. The only thing I would suggest is calling to place the order instead of doing it online. I ended up with the wrong injector connectors due to not knowing it was a flex fuel motor. I ran the harness through the firewall behind the passenger side fuel rail and made a bracket (shown) that allowed me to mount the computer and fuse panel right under the glove box.

As for the throttle cable, I used the one off the suburban and it fits great. You will barely have to ream the hole in the firewall and then just make a slot in the gas peddle for the cable to slide into it. I also used the lokar shifter linkage which took a lot less time to install than expected.

I reused the stock radiator that was in the blazer and uses the radiator hoses off the suburban. I trimmed a few inches off the lower one. Also I drilled and tapped the water pump to connect the steam ports to.. As for fans I bought a 2004 grand cherokee fan and put it into the stock shroud. Note that the 2000 to 2003 are single speed and the 2004 is a 2 speed motor. I have yet to have it bring on high speed.

The cold air intake was a part I found at a swap meet. I believe there's a part number on it if anyone's wants me to lookeep but I know it was for a carb setup. Then just a filter and boots from summit.
Attached Images

1972 K5 4x4
1969 Camaro SS
1987 Grand National
1985 Cutlass
black_k5 is offline   Reply With Quote