View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #17
raidmagic

Re: Wrecked the truck

You can't be serious. He ran off the road and hit a tree. They didn't plant a tree in the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinTone View Post
First off, I'm very happy you are ok. Now, I would make a call to city hall and ask for the Manager who is in charge of the landscape in your town/city. I'd ask him to cover the damages since it appears that those trees were installed after the road was done so it was "pretty". Pretty-Shmritty, they are an obvious road hazard - you have empirical proof of that! Get city hall to pay, get the full insurance amount and then do it yourself.

Body shops, unless you know the owner, are a bunch of prima donnas who would put Gold Star parts on your repair since they are the new supplier in town and are trying to get some market share by low prices. Unfortunately, my experience with Gold Star is horrendous and it was literally the butt of every joke with my buddy for a month! Glad you are ok, just a bit more work now sourcing and installing parts.

Depending on your insurer, I believe, and others correct me if i'm off here, but you can request that your replacement parts be OEM. Used albeit but OEM. Check your policy and the part on replacement parts. I know one advertises that they search for parts that are authentic but I forget who that was, Hagerty I believe but not 100% sure. You will be charged in the future if they find out and the small increase in your policy would barely be noticeable. Or switch insurers and try going another company for best rates. The tree is 100% at fault here!!

Best wishes in your trek back to awesomeness!!
raidmagic is offline   Reply With Quote