View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 02:00 PM   #49
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy70C-10
People make mistakes, that's all he's saying. Why are you getting so defensive
If anyone else is of the opinion that i do not understand that people make mistakes you are wrong! I understand PERFECTLY that people make mistakes and THAT is the point of this thread. My point is that i am tired of SO MANY people making so many mistakes and this particular one just happened to be the straw that broke the camels back hense i felt the need for the post (while i was upset).

Heres another shining example: I went to an oil change place to get by oil done. I sat there for about 30 minutes before i hear my name get called. I go to the counter thinking its done and its time to pay. Instead the guy informs me that they dont have the filter for my car. I say okay and although i am annoyed for having waited 30 minutes to find out about this i am not upset and i say nothing about it. Then he tells me that the problem is that they already took the old filter off my car and threw it in the pile and they dont know which one it was. My first thought is ..... YIKES, how does something like this happen? Shouldnt there be a procedure to prevent this from happeneing? But i say nothing. Then he askes me to sit tight while he calls the owner at home and figures out what to do. He calls me back to the counter and asks me if i brought a filter with me? Now im really getting upset because i realize that this person is a moron but i reply with a simple "no i didnt". He asks me to take a seat again and then picks up the phone again and makes a call. Then he goes out to the shop area and talks with another employee. Then the other employee comes in and asks me what they can do to fix the situation? I told him "well you could go to the auto parts store a block down the road and get me a filter". I could see the light bulb go off above his head and he acted like i had just invented electricity or something. An hour after i got there i finally was able to leave having paid full price. Needless to say i havent returned there.

This is a story not uncommon to my dealings with MOST people. How many of you check your orders at the drive thru window only to discover that the order is wrong WAY TO OFTEN and that assuming the order is going to be correct is a mistake on YOUR part? Again, its accepted as part of life but there is no reason it should be and i guess that was my point here was that i maybe make a few mistakes a year and when they happen they are so rare that i do EVERYTHING in my power to correct them and make sure that they dont happen again and then i ALWAYS offer retrabution for the inconvienance but it seems i cant find another person who shares my expectations for things getting done correctly the first time.

EVERYONE knows mistakes will happen but it doesnt mean that mistakes should be expected or accepted as the standard. If that is the direction this world is headed then we are all in very serous trouble.

Last edited by GreyHoundSteve; 12-07-2004 at 02:04 PM.