View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #178
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

first of all thank you all for reading and providing positive feedback, I am trying really hard to keep this very detailed to see if we can help each other out

so its been a while since I tinkered with the truck, here in California we went from 4 years of drought to one of the most rainiest seasons in 30 years, point being the temperature and humidity extremes were insane for carburetor tuning so I limped through the winter

the last thing I just did was replace the Accelerator Pump Cam, to see if I could fix the lean stumble\hesitation condition under light throttle acceleration, truck accelerates fine when I step on the throttle, but if I am pulling away from the green light with a cop next to me or my grandma in the passenger seat, the truck leans out way too much, like 20 AFR

I'll be honest with you I was a bit intimidated at first, I did not understand what the cam does, I understood what the nozzle aka squirted did, and I upped mine from a .031 to a .035 but again what does the cam do

well recently I re read a chapter in Dave Emmanuel's HOLLEY CARBURETORS Performance, Street, and Off-Road Applications book, and finally the light bulb went on.

"... the accelerator pump cam is a timing device."

so armed with that mantra I remembered these cam graphs, so I pulled one up and stared at it, now I still aint no expert, but I like to know what the extremes are, ie whats the minimum, whats the maximum, type a mentality,

and here we see that the Blue Cam delivers a shot the soonest, and the Pink Cam delivers a shot the latest and everything else falls somewheres in the middle, ok, cool, we can work with that (I think)
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 09-25-2018 at 08:14 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote