View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 11:04 AM   #185
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by akart View Post
Starting w/that 1460 Holley carb about how much money did you spend on all those Holley parts? You know like 1450 kit. springs,pumps,jets and all that stuff. Can't wait to check out my Edelbrock 1405. I did change out some rods and jets as recommended on this forum. Runs great 13 MPG mixed and plenty of snort. Idles well... Wonder if I should just leave well enough alone. A couple hundred bucks could buy (I was gong to say a lot) of gas and there is the bit of welding and the time........ I am getting old!
That is a great question and the honest answer is I don't know maybe $400 in total in the very end. Keep in mind when I bought that Holley carb I did not know anything about Holley carbs, if I was to do it again I would spend more money and get a QuickFuel carb which is based on the Holley modular design but offers full tunability, they are a company down the street from Holley, ha ha.

It's not about the money/time wasted on tinkering with this, it is not just about fuel economy either ie MPGs it is about running a healthy motor, not over heating it, not fouling the plugs. A happy engine is a happy truck is a happy driver!

I run an Edelbrock 1407 (3028) carb on my '71 GMC (350 V8 automatic) I will be buying AFR gauges for that truck soon, maybe switching brands and going with AEM instead, and can't wait to tinker with metering rods etc. ha ha, I hope to do a write up on that as well, should be fun, it's a different animal with an automatic transmission and all
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote