View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #2652
watahyahknow

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88chevyshort View Post
also may end up converting the front to 1ton suspension down the road. my dad has a few projects already such as a 1936 ford, 65 ford, 78 jeep cj5, and 1940's willys flat fender jeep so will probably be years lol
i have seen spacers that convert 6 lug to 8 lug and out a bit for the truckwheels but to convert it to 1 ton and truckwheel you only need the bottom (i believe it was) a arm it has a bigger balljoint for the spindle that will hook up to the 1 ton or 3/4 ton spindle
the diskbrake and hub on a 3/4 or a single wheel is two piece the truckstyle is one piece it will take the wheelbearings of any 1 or 3/4 spindle (at least if you get the general production year right they did changed to metric somewhere in there ) , not sure if the springs are heavier , the antirollbar is though
3/4 stuff from a van is the same and might be eazier to find
chucks chevy pages has some of info on
ive allso seen one where they used steel militairy hummer wheels in the front wish looked good as whell and doesnt need the truck style disk/hub setup

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts

Last edited by watahyahknow; 02-08-2010 at 02:54 PM.