View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 09:38 PM   #54
jonmc56

Re: Jon's 69 CST Build

Last catch-up post for today.
Last August on a Friday night we took our truck to the local Dairy Queen cruise in. I normally don't open the hood at these kinds of things, but somebody asked me a question about the engine, and I left the hood open after that.

At the end of the evening I started the truck to leave, and it was running really rough. It died a couple of times when I put it in gear, which isn't normal. When I got to the stop sign at the parking lot exit, I noticed that I had no power brakes. Something was up, so I pulled over and popped the hood. I saw that the cover to the brake booster check valve was missing (see pic), and then found it sitting on the battery. This kind of thing happens to other people too, right?

I limped the truck back to a store to get some super glue, and once I glued the cover back onto the check valve, all was well.

Wasn't so much surprised that the check valve fell apart, but more surprised at finding the cap sitting on the battery after driving 2 blocks.

Super glue got us home safe, but I later bought a billet aluminum check valve from Summit. I know, I know, it's an overkill solution, but who doesn't love a big chunk of billet aluminum?
Attached Images

jonmc56 is offline   Reply With Quote